[NHCOLL-L:1147] Collections Policy

Julie Golden j-golden at uiowa.edu
Wed Aug 15 15:10:00 EDT 2001

Colleagues,

I am wondering if any of the university affiliated NHColl members have
university-wide collection policies for their institutions? Is there a
section in your Operations Manual that covers collections like there is for
Intellectual Property?  We are discussing this issue and would love to hear
your thoughts about what areas/issues might be covered. The aim is for this
to apply to established institutions on campus like museums (with their own
policies) as well as individual colleges or departmental units (individual
faculty also) that have collections (not just scientific materials). If
your manual is on-line, please send me your URL; if your manual is print
only, I would like to receive a photocopy of the appropriate
section(s).  Those of you involved in similar discussions or who played a
part in creating such a policy, I would really like to hear about your
experiences.

Thank you very much in advance.

Julia Golden, Curator
Department of Geoscience, 121 TH