[NHCOLL-L:1180] ludicrous (fwd)

Stuart Fullerton stuartf at pegasus.cc.ucf.edu
Fri Aug 31 10:00:42 EDT 2001

hi! tis me again - the ROF  i will get killed for passing this on but have
tried to protect the person who sent it.

so if anyone wants to be offened - be offended at me!!!!!!!

cheers!  rof  :) :)
To: stuartf at pegasus.cc.ucf.edu
Subject: ludicrous

Hi Stuart.  I don't think we've met in person but we've both posted notes
to NHCOLL-L.  I saw your response to the job posting at UC-Santa Cruz and I
too think that job is ridiculous!  Basically they're asking for a museum
director (determining the direction of the museum), eight curators (for
every taxa that crawls, swims, flies or walks - plus plants), OSHA
(maintain safety protocols in labs and museum areas), a preparator of all
specimens (see curator), collection manager (aid researchers in acquiring
specimens needed for projects), and permit coordinator.  All for the low
low price of $39,000.  How far will that get you in Santa Cruz?  It's not
even a full-time job (30 hours/week, 20 hours/week in July and August).
The best part is the qualifications:  a BA or BS plus experience in all of
the above areas.  Holy cow.

Anyway, I just wanted to share your increduality.  : )

Have a good weekend,