[NHCOLL-L:893] the next generation

Holly I. McEntee hmcentee at facstaff.wisc.edu
Thu Feb 8 11:53:40 EST 2001

At 02:33 PM 2/7/2001 -0600, David B. Richman wrote:
>Lord knows from where the new crop of
>taxonomists and museum people will come.

I must give credit for my first exposure to the myriad of laws and permit
procedures to the Museum Studies Program at the University of
Nebraska-Lincoln and to the faculty that taught the courses on natural
history collections management.  Brett Ratcliffe scared the doo-doo out of
all of us students with ominous stories of non-compliance (in all honesty
he was very professional).  It is probably because of my experience of
learning about at least the basics of wildlife laws and permits in a
graduate program setting that I feel strongly that this is an arena in
which more education could take place on these topics.  Now, the trick is
to find a standard way to do this....*sigh*

Thanks again for the great discussion.

Sincerely,
Holly

Holly McEntee, Registrar and Permits Coordinator
University of Wisconsin Zoological Museum
Lowell E. Noland Zoology Building
250 N. Mills Street
Madison, WI  53706-1794

Phone/Fax:  608-262-3766/5395