[NHCOLL-L:1796] Pest Management and Ultra Cold Freezers

Susan Fishman-Armstrong sfishman at westga.edu
Wed Dec 18 11:21:42 EST 2002

Good Afternoon!

We recently acquired a collection of photos, slides, and paper documents
that previously were stored in the donor's humid basement.  I found evidence
of beetles and mold. The collection is contained in a separate area. I am
unsure of whether to freeze the slides and photos and would like more input.

For this collection, purchased our first Ultra - cold freezer for pest
management.  I have a lot of literature citing types of pests and methods of
freezing.  However, I am having trouble finding information about what to
freeze, and specifically, what not to freeze.

I was wondering if anyone could refer me to any information (on-line,
publications, etc.).

Thanks in advance,

Susan

Susan Fishman-Armstrong
Laboratory Coordinator
Antonio J. Waring, Jr. Archaeological Laboratory
1600 Maple Street, Carrollton, GA 30118

770-836-4303 (office)
770-838-2577 (fax)
www.westga.edu/~ajwlab/