[NHCOLL-L:1614] Re: Buffalo hide and stuffed pidgeon

Sally Shelton Shelton.Sally at NMNH.SI.EDU
Wed Jun 5 08:28:26 EDT 2002

Forwarded from RCAAM. Please post your responses to the original sender, not to just this list or me.

>>>  J.Robins at ASAHQ.ORG10:14:40 AM Monday, June 03, 2002 >>>
Dear Carrie:

Direct your query to natural history museums.  I believe they have a group -- or perhaps an AAM subgroup -- of their own.  By the by, try to find out the conservation history of those items. I understand that old taxidermy methods sometimes involved hazardous chemicals that can cause health problems for those who handle -- or work around -- those objects.

Judy Robins, C. A.,
Collections Supervisor,
Wood Library-Museum of Anesthesiology
520 N. Northwest Highway