[NHCOLL-L:1528] Nigerian scam

Ivy Rutzky rutzky at amnh.org
Wed Mar 13 13:31:29 EST 2002

I can't believe you allowed this scam to go through.

ABACHA'S FAMILY (ESTATE DEVELOPMENTS 7 CONSULTANT'S)
E-MAIL: hauwaaba2002 at yahoo.com

ATTN: THE MANAGING DIRECTOR.
Sir, I am Dr. Mrs.Hauwa M. Abacha, wife to the late
Nigerian Head of State, General Sanni Abacha who died
on the 8th of June 1998 while still in active duty I
am contacting you in view of the fact that we will be
of great assistance to each other like wise developing
a cordial business relationship. I currently have the
sum of Forty- Five united States
Dollars.($45,000,000.00), which I intended to use for
investment purpose specifically in your country . The
money came as a result of pay back contract deal
between my husband and a Russian firm in our country
multi Billion Dollars Ajaokuta steel plant . The
Russian partner returned my husband's share of the
$45,000,000,00 USD after the death of my husband and
lodged it with my brother's security company in
Nigeria of which I am the Director. Right now the
current civilian Government has intensified their
probe on my husband's financial resources and the
account and banking transactions had been suspended.

My son is facing trial and our traveling facilities
have been seized temporarily. In view of this I acted
very fast at the earlier stage of the probe to
withdraw the $45,000,000,00 USD from the company's
vault and deposited it into a private erected safe in
overseas. I have since declared the security company
bankrupt. No record ever existed concerning the money,
either is the money traceable by the government,
because there is no documentation showing that we
received such money from the Russian. Due to this
present situation in my country concerning government
attitude towards my family, It has become quite
impossible for me to make use of the money within nor
have freedom to travel, this, I seek you your
assistance to transfer this money out of the security
safe urgently to enable us discuss in details about
this transaction. Bearing in mind that your assistance
is needed to transfer this fund, I propose a
commission of the totals sum to you for the expected
service and assistance. Your urgent response is highly
needed so as to stop me from seeking further contact
for assistance.
All correspondence must be by email:
hauwaaba2002 at yahoo.com for security reason. I must
use
this opportunity to implore you to exercise the utmost
indulgence to keep this matter extra- ordinary
confidential whatever your decision while I await your
prompt response.
Best regards,
DR. MRS. HAUWA ABACHA