[NHCOLL-L:1940] NEW Irish programme in museum biology

Julia Sigwart julia.sigwart at ucd.ie
Fri May 23 09:59:35 EDT 2003

A new joint programme between the National Museum of Ireland and
University College Dublin has been initiated to combine the resources
for teaching in learning in collections-based biology.
We have the beginnings of a web-site at
http://www.ucd.ie/zoology/museum/

The collections of the NMI are particularly interesting because (due
to understaffing) they have been tremendously under-used for
research, for the last 200 years. Every day we find new treasures.
Details will be posted to the web-site in coming weeks!
We are preparing teaching programmes for lectures and projects to
begin in September.

Any and all commentary and advice is welcome and appreciated!

Thanks,

Julia

Julia Sigwart
Collections Researcher

University College Dublin &
National Museum of Ireland (Natural History)

http://www.ucd.ie/zoology/sigwart.htm