[NHCOLL-L:2082] Ideas for a new ledger system?

Christopher Conroy ondatra at socrates.Berkeley.EDU
Tue Sep 23 15:29:44 EDT 2003

Hello,

       At the Museum of Vertebrate Zoology we are designing a ledger
for a printed version of our catalog. Until now, we have had a
handwritten card file for accessions and catalogs. Since many of our
accessions now come with a spreadsheet or database, or we organize
accessions with spreadsheets, we are planning to catalog
electronically and print out a hard copy. Since this is a new concept
for us, we would be interested to see examples of other museums'
ledgers (or card catalogs) that have been printed out from a database.
       If you would be willing to send us a digital copy of a sample
page or two of your museum's ledger, we would appreciate it. Please
respond to me directly, not to the whole list.

Thanks,

Chris
--

Chris J. Conroy