[NHCOLL-L:2280] Re: "paper or plastic"

Jean-Marc Gagnon JMGAGNON at mus-nature.ca
Fri May 7 14:01:38 EDT 2004

The largest PET lidded container we designed is 7" x 9" x 4" but at that
size, the typical weight of the content tends to become greater and requires
careful handling so that the flexibility of the container does not become a
hazard. But to be honest, we should always handle containers carefully,
holding them from the bottom and not from the sides only. So that should not
be a major issue for PET containers and skeletal parts. It may be more of an
issue for heavy minerals or fossils.

Jean-Marc

Jean-Marc Gagnon

Gestionnaire en chef / Chief Collection Manager

Collection des Invertébrés / Invertebrate Section

Musée canadien de la nature / Canadian Museum of Nature

Boîte postale 3443, Succ. D / P.O. Box 3443, Station D

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1P 6P4

Tel.: (613) 364-4066

Télécopieur / Fax: (613) 364-4027

courriel / e-mail:  <mailto:jmgagnon at mus-nature.ca> jmgagnon at mus-nature.ca