[NHCOLL-L:2734] RE: Fwd: Re: FW: Registrar vs. Collections Manager vs.Curator of Collections

Susan Fishman-Armstrong sfishman at westga.edu
Thu Jun 23 17:37:44 EDT 2005

And then there is my title: Laboratory Coordinator.

The University System of Georgia does not have the title "Collections
Manager" in their system.  My title was initially designed for traditional
lab settings, like chemistry. I asked about having it changed.  From my
understanding, I would need to take it all the way through the system for
approval (not just at my university).

It becomes very difficult to explain what I do to others, when I have to say
that "my job title doesn't reflect what I do and who I am".  At this
university I am considered somewhere between faculty and staff, and that in
conjunction with my job title, makes it very difficult at times.

Thanks,

Susie

Susan Fishman-Armstrong
Laboratory Coordinator (Registrar/Collections Manager/Educator)
Antonio J. Waring, Jr. Archaeological Laboratory
University of West Georgia
Carrollton, GA 30118

678-839-6303 (office)
678-839-6306 (fax)