[NHCOLL-L:2583] Herbarium database

Raney Morrison raneym at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 17 13:25:51 EST 2005

Hello-
I've been asked by a botany professor at our local college about database systems to manage a herbarium.  He is looking around to see what is most commonly used, and is interested if there are any "canned" programs out there, so he wouldn't have to make something from scratch.
Specifically, the professor is interested in feed back on "Specify" from the University of Kansas, File Maker Pro, and Paradox.  I was also asked about a program called Keemu (or something like that), which I've never heard of.  Any suggestions, comments, complaints, or positive experiences are welcome.  You can reply to me directly and I'll pass the information along.
Thanks so much for your help.
Raney Bench
Collections Manager
Fairbanks Museum and Planetarium