[NHCOLL-L:2813] Where are Stockard's Dogs?

Abby Grace Drake agdf93 at hampshire.edu
Thu Sep 8 09:59:32 EDT 2005

Hello Everyone,

I've been interested in finding Stockard's dogs for awhile now - does
anyone out there have any idea where they might be?
C.R. Stockard was a professor at Cornell in the early 1900's who
conducted breeding experiments in which he would hybridize dogs. The
research is reported in this book:

Stockard, C. R. (1941) The Genetic and Endocrine Basis for Differences
in Form and Behavior As Elucidated by Studies of Contrasted Pure-Line
Dog Breeds and Their Hybrids,^ American Anatomy Memoir no. 19/ (Wistar^
Inst. Anatomy and Biology, Philadelphia).

I would love to be able to measure these dogs but I'm not sure the
collection exsists any more or where it would be.  Thanks for your help!

Best Wishes,
Abby

Abby Grace Drake Faculty of Life Sciences The University of Manchester
Michael Smith Building Oxford Road Manchester M13 9PT United Kingdom
Telephone: +44 161 275 5098 Fax: +44 161 275 5082 E-mail:
abby.drake at manchester.ac.uk Web: http://www.flywings.org.uk