[NHCOLL-L:2940] Carosafe

Gregory Watkins-Colwell gregory.watkins-colwell at yale.edu
Wed Jan 25 13:40:40 EST 2006

Has anyone ever taken a formalin-fixed wet specimen (or an
ETOH-preserved wet specimen) of any species of animal and stored it
in Carosafe or Wardsafe for any period of time?  Apparently, such a
fluid is not hazardous and I know some folks may be considering using
it as a shipping fluid.  I'm just wondering if anybody on the list
has had any experience using it, other than for things purchased for
classroom dissection.

How different is the tonicity of the fluid from ETOH?  I wonder if
there would be any soft tissue damage from the transfer.

Greg
*       Gregory J. Watkins-Colwell
*       Vertebrate Zoology
*       Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History
*       170 Whitney Avenue, P. O. Box 208118
*       New Haven, CT  06520-8118
*       Phone: 203/432-3791
*       FAX: 203/432-2874
*       http://www.peabody.yale.edu