[NHCOLL-L:3130] shipping batteries

Steven Heydon slheydon at ucdavis.edu
Fri Jun 30 19:12:49 EDT 2006

Everyone,

As long as we are talking about shipping things. I had an unfortunate
experience in the Dem . Rep. Congo in that I could not get a 12 volt
battery that worked (sometimes you can get too far out in the bush).
Anyway, I vowed next time to take my own. I looked around a bit and
found one that will meet my needs and claims to be compliant with
airline regulations (http://www.spinlife.com/MK-Battery-M17-Sealed-
Gel-Pair-Scooter-Battery/spec.cfm?productID=72319). My question is
has anyone had any actual experience in flying with a battery and how
easy was it?

Steven L.  Heydon, Ph.D.
R. M. Bohart Museum of Entomology
Department of Entomology