[NHCOLL-L:3411] Re: [AVECOL-L] Mercury levels in old specimens

Janet Waddington janetw at rom.on.ca
Wed Apr 25 15:58:52 EDT 2007

Collection Forum volumes 16 and 17 deal with the issue of pesticide contamination of collections.  The full text papers are available on the SPNHC website at www.spnhc.org
See especially Cathy Hawks' historical survay of the sources of contamination of ethnographic materials in volume 16.

Janet

Janet Waddington
Assistant Curator and Collection Manager
Department of Natural History - Palaeobiology
Royal Ontario Museum
100 Queen's Park
Toronto, ON
Canada M5S 2C6
Phone  (416) 586-5593  Fax  (416) 586-5553
Email  janetw at rom.on.ca

>>> Laura Abraczinskas <abraczi1 at msu.edu> 4/25/2007 3:47:47 PM >>>
Dear List,
See inquiry below that appeared on AVECOL-L last week about the historic
application of mercury to specimens.  Does anyone have further information
for Kim?
Thanks,
Laura