[NHCOLL-L:3433] SPNHC Meeting in two weeks!

Gretchen Anderson gretcha at smm.org
Tue May 8 13:25:16 EDT 2007

[]

SPNHC 22nd Annual Meeting 2007
Building for the Future: Museums of the 21st Century
Meeting Dates: May 21-26, 2007

The Meeting is almost upon us!

The Conference web site <http://www.smm.org/spnhc>www.smm.org/spnhc
has just been updated.  Check it out!  There are a number of updates
for the upcoming conference, including the program at a glance and
the abstracts.

New events added to the schedule.  They are described on the main
page of the website. These events include:
    * eAuthentication  and e-permit registration
    * Specify Usability Interviews
    * A special tour of the Science House/Teacher Resource Center at
the Science Museum of Minnesota
    * An Ethnobotany Garden Tour

Registration:   If you have not registered yet, we encourage you to
do so soon.   See the conference web site for information.  There
have been some updates!

Field Trips: Check out the web site to see which tours are full and
which have been cancelled.  If you have not signed up yet, now is the
time!  May in Minnesota promises to be glorious!

Hotel: The block of rooms at the conference hotel is now full. You
may still book rooms at the Holiday Inn RiverCenter, but they are not
eligible for the group discount rate.  The Kelly Inn, Best Western,
is another moderately priced hotel within walking distance.  More
information at
<http://www.smm.org/spnhc/twincites.php>www.smm.org/spnhc/twincites.php.

Committee Meetings:  The schedule for the committee meeting has been
set and sent out to Committee chairs.  The schedule is posted on the
website. http://www.smm.org/spnhc/meetings.pdf  There are two changes
to the meeting schedule that should be noted.  Membership and Finance
will be postponed until a later date due to unforeseen circumstances.

Workshop:  The workshop is full.

Trade Show and Sponsors:  Check out the sponsors who will be
participating in SPNHC 2007 on our website at
<http://www.smm.org/spnhc/sponsors.php>www.smm.org/spnhc/sponsors.php.
Sponsor and vendor turnout has been fabulous! We send our thanks out
to all of the vendors and sponsors for this year's conference.

T-Shirts:  If you want a t-shirt and your preferred size is not on
the registration form, please make note of your size preference.  If
you have sent your registration already, t-shirts will be available
for sale at registration.

See you in May,
Gretchen Anderson   ganderson at smm.org
Jackie Hoff    jhoff at smm.org