[NHCOLL-L:3434] Vibration studies

Tim White tim.white at yale.edu
Tue May 8 13:38:18 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I hope you can help me.  I am looking for studies that document the
effects of vibration on the preservation of museum collections,
natural history specimens in specific.  I am looking for information
about vibrations related to mobile collection storage (i.e.,
compactors), constructions activities and storage facilities adjacent
to railroad tracks and highways.

If anyone is aware of studies or empirical observations about the
effect of vibration on the preservation of museum specimens, I would
appreciate hearing from you off list.

Best, Tim