[NHCOLL-L:3451] Threatened and orphaned collections toolkit

Tiffany Adrain tiffany-adrain at uiowa.edu
Mon May 14 15:03:55 EDT 2007

Hello everyone,

Paula Work and I are in the process of drafting a SPNHC toolkit to
help stewards of natural history collections deal with orphaned
collections (both incoming and outgoing), recognize threats to
collections, and prevent collections becoming orphaned. We are
looking for case studies to include in the toolkit, both disaster
stories and success stories! If you have had any first hand
experience dealing with  orphaned or threatened collections, we'd be
very happy to hear from you, even if you are not at liberty to
divulge specific details.

Please feel free to contact me (tiffany-adrain at uiowa.edu) or Paula
(Paula.Work at maine.gov), or talk to Paula at the SPNHC conference next week.

Thanks,