[NHCOLL-L:3985] Fw: Stacking

Dr Heidi Fourie hfourie at nfi.museum
Wed Oct 1 08:33:03 EDT 2008

I am writing on behalf of the Occupational, Health and Safety committee.  We are looking for the specifications of steel shelving units for the storage of fossil material already packed in carboard boxes.  It is known that shelving units in Museums must be 15cm of the ground, bracketed to walls, etc but is there one source that summarises all of this.  I found some info in the NPS Museum Handbook Part I, but it is not sufficient.  Any additional sources?