[NHCOLL-L:4009] RE: Request for subject-specific listserver info, & online lists of natural history collections

Carolyn Rebbert crebbert at Brucemuseum.org
Thu Oct 16 17:24:41 EDT 2008

Dear Scott,

There is a mineral listserve but you have to subscribe in order to post:
http://www.minsocam.org/MSA/MSA_Talk.html

I once put meteorite specimens online pretty easily and at no expense. It just creates a listing, but you can group it into smaller sections:
http://research.amnh.org/eps/collections/meteorites/alpha/A
Basically, if your database records are in good shape and you can export the desired data into an excel spreadsheet, then you can get shareware that converts excel to html.

Hope this helps.

Truly,
Carolyn

Carolyn Rose Rebbert, Ph.D.