[NHCOLL-L:4437] Mimeograph Labels

csturmjr+ at pitt.edu csturmjr+ at pitt.edu
Mon Aug 10 07:56:46 EDT 2009

Folks,

I have several mineographed labels (bluish ink) which are fading. I am
having trouble recovering the locality data on these labels. I have tried
photocopying the labels on two different machines to darken the printing
but this did not work. I have tried viewing them under different visible
light sources, but this has not worked. Does anyone have suggestions of
physical and/or chemical techniques that I might try to bring out the
faded printing? My next attempt will be UV light.

Thanks.

Regards,
Charlie
Charlie Sturm
Research Associate - Section of Mollusks
Carnegie Museum of Natural History
Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Assistant Professor - Family Medicine
Fellow-American Academy of Family Practice
Fellow-Academy of Wilderness Medicine