[NHCOLL-L:4133] shipping alc-preserved specimens from South Africa

robert asher rja58 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Jan 5 09:48:26 EST 2009

Does anyone out there have advice for shipping alcohol-preserved
specimens (mammals) from South Africa to the UK? (Feedback on the US
would also be appreciated.) FedEx just told me they can ship "tissue
samples" wrapped in moist cloth & sealed in jars or plastic. I was
hoping that shipping surface rather than air would make things easier
but for FedEx this makes no difference, apparently.
Any advice on how to avoid customs & other delays would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

rob

--
Robert Asher, Ph.D.