[NHCOLL-L:5500] RE: Proscope v. MiScope?

Anderson, Gretchen AndersonG at carnegiemnh.org
Tue Jun 14 11:10:10 EDT 2011

I use a proscope and am very happy with it.  Mark is correct, the
resolution is not as good with the ProScope, but it is much more than a
play thing!

It is more flexible in more flexible than the binocular dissecting
scope. One advantage to the both ProScope and MiScope is that they are
mobile - They can be used on the exhibit floor to examine specimens on
permanent display. In addition, they can use the scope to see into areas
not easily accessed with a stationary scope.  I have used mine to
examine the back side of specimens in dioramas that I could not see
otherwise - as long as the cord and my arm is long enough.  With the
ProScope I can get decent enough digital images that I would not
otherwise have the opportunity to do.

It would be interesting to see a comparison between the MiScope and the
ProScope - comparing resolution, focal length (I have some trouble with
this on the ProScope in certain modes) and various imaging options. The
MiScope seemed to be easier to handle and maneuver being smaller.  Are
the optics as good or better?

Gretchen Anderson.