[NHCOLL-L:5505] Re: alcohol meter suggestions?

Kate Pocklington kate.pocklington at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 14 17:57:19 EDT 2011

Hi Kirsten,

The one I use is the Anton Paar DMA 35 density meter. You can measure the
percentage of formalin through specific gravity or can change it to measure
% alcohol straight out.

http://www.anton-paar.com/Portable-Density-Meter-DMA-35/Density-Meter/60_Corporate_en?product_id=325

Specifications here:

http://www.anton-paar.com/Portable-Density-Meter-DMA-35/Density-Meter/60_Corporate_en?product_id=325#Specifications

I recommend it!

Email me if you need any more info from someone who's used it specifically
for fluid-preserved specimens.

Kate

Kate Pocklington
Oxford University Museum of Natural History
Parks Road, Oxford, OX1 3PW
(+44) 01865 272996
kate.pocklington at oum.ox.ac.uk