[NHCOLL-L:5510] RE: alcohol meter suggestions?

A.J.van_Dam at lumc.nl A.J.van_Dam at lumc.nl
Wed Jun 15 05:51:29 EDT 2011

I use the Mettler-Toledo portable densimeter:
http://nl.mt.com/nl/en/home/products/Laboratory_Analytics_Browse/Density_Family_Browse_main/Portable_density_meter_family_browse_main.html

You might also want to consider the Alcomon Indicator System<http://www.alcomon.com/>, which monitors the ethanol concentration without having to open the jar each time to measure concentration/density by weighing a fluid sample. They now offer a 20-50% discount depending on the ordered amount. More info:

http://www.alcomon.com<http://www.alcomon.com/>

Regards,

Dries

Andries J. van Dam, conservator

Museum of Anatomy
Leiden University Medical Center
Postal zone T7-P
P.O.Box 9600
2300 RC Leiden
The Netherlands
tel: +31 (0)71 526 9581
fax: +31 (0)71 526 8275
E-mail: A.J.van_Dam at lumc.nl
Visiting address: Hippocratespad 21, building 3

Scientific collection manager, Netherlands Centre for Biodiversity Naturalis

http://www.ncbnaturalis.nl/en/

Associate scientist, Natural History Museum, London
http://www.nhm.ac.uk<http://www.nhm.ac.uk/>

Directory Board member ICOM-CC
http://www.icom-cc.org<http://www.icom-cc.org/>

Director Alcomon Company