[NHCOLL-L:5408] utility of mounted antelope heads

nmccartn nmccartn at uark.edu
Fri May 6 12:39:55 EDT 2011

Hi.

I need advice about a recent problem: I have 4 mounted heads of
ouribi, 2 impalas(ae?), sable antelopes which we used to have in the
discovery room for kids (horns vs. antlers, etc): DR is defunct,
should I incorporate these specimens into the collection (which has
lots of stuffed animals used for exhibits in the days when we had
them) or surplus? Storage is not a problem as they can go on top of
the shelving units...

I wouldn't have had them to begin with, but a taxidermist donated them....

The ouribi is quite lovely, if you like heads...

NMcC

Nancy Glover McCartney, PhD
Curator of Zoology
UA Collections Facility