[NHCOLL-L:5430] FW: Reinforcing Insect Cabinet

Mary Beth Prondzinski mprondzinski at fairbanksmuseum.org
Fri May 13 09:48:08 EDT 2011

Fr om: Ronald Harvey [mailto:rsharvey at tidewater.net]
Sent: Friday, May 13, 2011 8:52 AM
To: mprondzinski at fairbanksmuseum.org
Subject: Re: [NHCOLL-L:5418] Reinforcing Insect Cabinet

Given the issue with the floor, would it make sense to build a small riser -
open for vacuuming, that would provide a level base for the cabinet?  If you
did this, you could bolt the base to the wonky floor after making sure the
base is level, have an extended rim of the base that would accommodate the
base dimensions of the cabinet (frame with 2x 6 or 8") that would provide a
riser, collar and fit the outside dimensions of the base of the cabinet
(think of a box lid turned upside down).  The frame will have to be made so
that you can open the cabinet doors.  Then I would look for some bracing
between the top edge of the cabinet and the wall (again think 2x4) that
could go from the back wall to the sides of the cabinet to hold it in place.

Complicated but an option.
Ron