[Nhcoll-l] Fwd: News from the Emerging Conservation Professionals Network (ECPN)

CAHawks at aol.com CAHawks at aol.com
Mon Jul 9 19:01:42 EDT 2012

Catharine  Hawks
Conservator, NMNH
(h) 703.876.9176
(o) 202.633.0835
mobile  703.200.4370
mobile 202.701.8458

____________________________________
 From: info at conservation-us.org
To: cahawks at aol.com
Sent: 7/9/2012  3:22:14 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
Subj: News from the Emerging  Conservation Professionals Network (ECPN)

 (http://www.conservation-us.org/dsp_emailhandler.cfm?eid=42409&uid=1187)
News  from the Emerging Conservation Professionals Network  (ECPN)
Thursday,  July, 5, 2012
 (http://www.conservation-us.org/dsp_emailhandler.cfm?eid=42410&uid=1187)
Dear  Catharine,
Please see  the latest from AIC's Emerging Conservation Professionals
Network:
ECPN at AIC’s 40th Annual Meeting  Survey
Many thanks to all of you who were able to  join us at AIC’s 40th Annual
Meeting in Albuquerque. We enjoyed hearing  from you at our informational
meeting, socializing at our happy hour,  and seeing many of you (and your work!)
at the portfolio session. We  also hope that you were able to visit our
poster in the poster session.  If you didn’t, you can find the related blog
posts on the AIC blog by  following this link:
_http://www.conservators-converse.org/2012/05/ecpn-outreach._
(http://www.conservation-us.org/dsp_emailhandler.cfm?eid=42411&uid=1187)

We  would love to hear your thoughts about our annual meeting activities.
We  created a brief survey to collect your feedback and we would appreciate
it if you could take the time to respond. To access the survey and leave
your comments, please follow this link:
_www.conservation-us.org/ecpnmeetingsurvey_
(http://www.conservation-us.org/dsp_emailhandler.cfm?eid=42412&uid=1187) .
New Webinar  Series
The  Emerging Conservation Professionals Network (ECPN) is pleased to
announce the creation of a new webinar series. These webinars will  be held
periodically and will feature guest presenters who will  speak about topics of
interest to emerging conservators. The  topics of these webinars are being
developed based on feedback  generated from a survey of ECPN members in
February  2012.

Our first webinar will be held on Thursday, July 26,  from 1-2pm EST.
Please join us and our featured presenter, Debra  Hess Norris, who will be
speaking about Self-Advocacy and  Fundraising for Personal Research. In addition
to Norris’ remarks,  tailored to recent graduates on subjects including
navigating the  field post-graduation, funding opportunities for independent
scholars, and tips for self-advocacy, the webinar will include a  moderated
discussion and Q&A session. Participants will also  have the opportunity to ask
questions before and after the  webinar.

Attendance is free and open to all AIC members.  Registration is required.
To register for the webinar, read more  about our first speaker, Debra Hess
Norris, and submit a question,  please visit:
_www.conservation-us.org/ecpnforum_
(http://www.conservation-us.org/dsp_emailhandler.cfm?eid=42413&uid=1187) .
Mentoring  Program
Did  you know that ECPN has a mentoring program for members? In case  you
didn’t know or would like to learn more, the mentoring program  matches
seasoned conservators with emerging conservators to tackle  issues as large as
career path guidance to issues as discrete as  advice on a specific treatment.
The program is truly what one  wants to make of it, can last a lifetime or
only a few months, and  can be a substantial time commitment or a minor time
commitment.  To apply to be a mentor, you must be a Fellow or Professional
Associate AIC member. To apply to be a mentee, you must be a  Student,
Interim Year or Associate AIC member. Mentor applications  ask candidates for
their strengths and interests, preferred  methods of communication, and
available time to dedicate to the  mentoring program to name a few categories.
Mentee applications  ask candidates about the types of goals and projects they’
d like  to tackle in a mentorship, preferred methods of communication, and
available time, again, to name a few categories. Applications are  accepted
on a rolling basis and are reviewed four times a year:  March 1st, June 1st,
September 1st, and December 1st. While ECPN  makes every effort to match
candidates as efficiently as possible,  sometimes locating the right match can
take some time, so we  encourage you to apply early! If you have any
questions or  feedback about the mentoring program, please contact Ryan  Winfield,
Membership  Coordinator, at: _rwinfield at conservation-us.org_
(mailto:rwinfield at conservation-us.org) .  Applications and additional information about
the mentoring  program can be found by logging onto AIC’s website  at
_www.conservation-us.org/mentoring_
(http://www.conservation-us.org/dsp_emailhandler.cfm?eid=42414&uid=1187) .
 be sure that  you’ve selected Emerging Conservation Professionals Network.
For more  timely and ongoing updates and news, we also encourage you to
also check  our _Facebook  page_
(http://www.conservation-us.org/dsp_emailhandler.cfm?eid=42416&uid=1187)  and posts on the AIC blog
(_www.conservators-converse.org_
(http://www.conservation-us.org/dsp_emailhandler.cfm?eid=42417&uid=1187) .)
____________________________________

© 2012  American Institute for Conservation
1156 15th Street NW, Suite 320  Washington, DC 20005
202.452.9545 | fx: 202.452.9328 | _info at conservation-us.org_
(mailto:info at conservation-us.org)   _ww.conservation-us.org_
(http://www.conservation-us.org/dsp_emailhandler.cfm?eid=42418&uid=1187)

This email was sent to: cahawks at aol.com  | Click  _here_
MessageID=305)   to change your preferences for this mailing list.
If you have trouble  changing your preferences from the link above, paste
the url below into a  browser and
click "Enter." Please note that there may be more than one line  in the
url.
=Pj86SjxLWDZSXFxfLCtMUDM1RTJONlgnU0orUi1BW1pKVChDRFVYX1oK

This email was sent by:
American Institute for Conservation of Historic and  Artistic Works
1156 15th Street NW
Suite 320
Washington, DC  20005

 (http://www.citysoft.com/)