[Nhcoll-l] crytical point dryer replaement part

Mark A Farmer mfarmer at uga.edu
Wed Jul 18 12:31:40 EDT 2012

Dear Stuart,,

We bought several of these drying cartridges when our CPD was new but have never bought another one since.  Why?  Because you can drive off the trapped moisture by putting a used canister in a drying oven.  In fact, that is where we store our "used" ones until it is time to replace them.  Grab a warm one, screw it in and you are done.  If you have not thrown out the old ones put a few into an oven (50-60 C) and let them sit for a few days.  Alternatively take the one you have now and dry it out.

Funny that Tousimis would not tell you this.  It was from one of their service engineers that I first learned this trick.

Good luck!

Mark Farmer

Division of Biological Sciences

Rm. 400 Biological Science Bldg.