[Nhcoll-l] Cleaning amber

Couteaufin at aol.com Couteaufin at aol.com
Tue Jun 19 04:31:35 EDT 2012

Hi Rhian,

Several questions first:
What colour is the oil / viscous fluid (also does it smell of mineral  oil)?
What sort of plastic were the vials and how long had the specimens bee
stored in them?

With all good  wishes, Simon

Simon Moore MIScT, FLS, ACR,
Conservator of Natural  Sciences and Cutlery Historian,

_www.natural-history-conservation.com_
(http://www.natural-history-conservation.com/)
_www.pocket-fruit-knives.info_ (http://www.pocket-fruit-knives.info/)

_http://uk.linkedin.com/in/naturalsciencespecimenconserve_