[Nhcoll-l] Storage container for large salamander

Jane MacKnight JMacKnight at cincymuseum.org
Wed Jun 27 14:38:02 EDT 2012

Herp Collections Managers:   We have just received a frozen specimen of a Chinese giant salamander (Andrias davidianus) from the Cincinnati Zoo.  It measures about 30+ inches in length.  Where do I buy a storage tank or bucket for this creature?  What's recommended?

Our herp collection is relatively small in number and everyone fits neatly into a glass jar with screw top lid (with polypropylene liner).  Big salamanders are out of my league.

Thanks for the help.

Jane

Jane C. MacKnight
Senior Registrar
Cincinnati Museum Center
1301 Western Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45203
Tel. 513-287-7092
Mobile 513-478-8168

Life is too big to fit into a classroom. Support lifelong inspiration by making a gift to Cincinnati Museum Center today! To donate now copy and paste this URL into your browser: http://www.cincymuseum.org/support/annual