[Nhcoll-l] Storage container for large salamander

Bentley, Andrew Charles abentley at ku.edu
Wed Jun 27 16:00:52 EDT 2012

Jane

In both herpetology and ichthyology collections the container of choice for large specimens are stainless steel tanks produced by two companies in Topeka, KS - Delta Designs and Steel Fixtures.  There are few other containers that seal as well or stand up to the tests of time.

Both produce two main sizes of tanks as outlined in the attached.  Each can be purchased as is or with a detachable metal dolly.  They have gaskets that prevent evaporation and replacements can be obtained as they do fall apart over time.

The latest (April 2011) pricing we received from Steel Fixtures was as follows:

FST 18"x15"x15" tank                     $540
FST dolly                                              $100
SST 36"x15"x15" tank                     $694
SST dolly                                              $110

FST replacement gasket kit          $19
SST replacement gasket kit          $26

Steel Fixtures information can be found here:  http://www.steelfixture.com/products/tanks/tanks.shtml

I do not have pricing for Delta but you may want to check both to see.

Hope that helps

Andy

    A  :             A  :             A  :
 }<(((_°>.,.,.,.}<(((_°>.,.,.,.}<)))_°>