[Nhcoll-l] iDigBio survey for collections managers, curators, directors

Gil Nelson gnelson at bio.fsu.edu
Mon Dec 2 20:22:01 EST 2013

If you are a natural history museum collections manager, curator, or
collections director, please help the iDigBio Biodiversity Informatics
Manager Working Group by completing the anonymous online survey
referenced below. We are gathering community input regarding the role
and services of biodiversity informatics managers within natural history
collections. We need your opinion regardless of whether your institution
currently employs a biodiversity informatics manager.

Our goal is to gather data about the status of biodiversity informatics
management as a profession and its importance to biological collections
digitization, curation, and management. The information gathered will be
used to make recommendations about the:

1.status of biodiversity informatics as a profession,

2.skill set required of successful biodiversity managers,

3.activities that are out-of-scope for biodiversity informatics managers,

4.development of university curriculum to support the profession, and

5.placement of biodiversity informatics managers within an institution's
organizational chart.

The opinions of those who receive or wish to receive services from
biodiversity informaticians is extremely important.

Follow this link to the survey:
https://ufl.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_0SMjNFnYDXMlFUV

--
Gil Nelson, PhD