[Nhcoll-l] Databasing Specimens Collected from Other Specimens

Mariko Kageyama aspeciosus at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 28 16:56:30 EST 2013

In addition to all the great suggestions given already, I should add to point out that if specimens were taken and separated physically out from original specimens before original specimens were catalogued and assigned with a unique collection number, a collector's number or a field number or a preparator's number series is often primarily used for inventory tracking and cross-referencing purposes until all associated specimens are eventually catalogued in respective collections. It is always important to capture those numbers in databases when new acquisitions are involved.

Mariko

Mariko Kageyama
Collections Manager, Vertebrate Zoology

University of Colorado Museum of Natural History
Boulder, CO 80309-0265
mariko.kageyama at colorado.edu