[Nhcoll-l] Seeking Protocols for Imaging Entomological Specimens

Tindall, Alexis (SAM) Alexis.Tindall at samuseum.sa.gov.au
Mon Mar 18 20:59:05 EDT 2013

Hi Jenny,

The South Australian Museum, Australian Museum and others have been working on entomological imaging for the Atlas of Living Australia.

Some of what we have learned, including digitisation and workflow guidance and some helpful tips are available here: http://www.ala.org.au/about-the-atlas/digitisation-guidance/

I'd draw your attention to the bottom of that page, where you can find downloadable pdf 'final reports' for our projects at SAMA and the AM, which include information about equipment purchasing decisions, costs and workflow particular to our projects.

Also, the basic manuals from the SA Museum volunteer digitisation project are available on our website here:
http://www.samuseum.sa.gov.au/index.php?option=com_content&Itemid=171&catid=35&id=403&view=article
(These have had a couple of updates just recently, please get in touch with me off list if you'd like me to send through updated versions, or our Photoshop manual).

Also, happy to answer any particular questions that you have, feel free to email me at alexis.tindall at samuseum.sa.gov.au<mailto:alexis.tindall at samuseum.sa.gov.au>. We don't have all the answers, still struggling with a few things ourselves, but I might be able to help a bit, or point you in the direction of someone who can.

Cheers,
Alexis

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CE2494.F719B560]Alexis Tindall
Project Manager
South Australian Museum
North Terrace, Adelaide SA 5000
Tel. +61 (0)8 8207 7497
alexis.tindall at samuseum.sa.gov.au<mailto:alexis.tindall at samuseum.sa.gov.au>
www.samuseum.sa.gov.au<http://www.samuseum.sa.gov.au/>

This email and any attachments may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient any use, disclosure or reproduction of the contents is unauthorised. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender by return email. This email and any attachments should be scanned to detect any viruses and no liability for loss or damage resulting from the use of any attached file is accepted.