[Nhcoll-l] SPNHC Fitzgerald grant awardee mentorship opportunity

Bentley, Andrew Charles abentley at ku.edu
Fri May 24 09:51:05 EDT 2013

Hello,

We are seeking mentors to pair up with awardees for this year's Fitzgerald Travel Grant recipients for the annual meeting of the Society for the Preservation of Natural History Collections this year in Rapid City, South Dakota.  We have an awesome group of awardees.  This year's group looks like a dynamic set of young professionals; they include people working on herbaria databasing and collections management, insect databasing and digital imaging, rehabilitation of taxidermy mounts, ceramic X-ray fluorescence, general vertebrate collections management, and using new database systems.

If you are planning to attend the SPNHC conference, the Professional Development Committee would like to ask you to become a mentor for these recipients.  If you would like to be a mentor, we can match you up with a suitable mentee.  Please let us know.  If you have a suggestion for someone you think would make a good mentor, please forward this as well.

Mentors will be asked to work with the awardees before, during and after the conference.  We will send you a set of guidelines that detail the responsibilities if you would like to volunteer.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

And thank you very much,
Jeff

JEFF STEPHENSON