[Nhcoll-l] Excellent publication opportunity for NHCOLL list members!

LINDA ELLIS ellisl at sfsu.edu
Tue Nov 5 14:19:23 EST 2013

Dear colleagues,
I am the editor for a 2-volume reference publication on museums.  I am looking for prospective authors on the topics listed below.

These are short articles (1500-5000 words each) addressed to both university students and museum professionals.  Authors are compensated.  If anyone is interested in writing any number of these articles, please contact me for more details.  I need your name, institutional affiliation, email address, and which articles are of interest.

List of Topics
Natural History Museums
Anthropology Museums
Living Collections
Environmental Education Centers
College/University Museums and Galleries
Interpretation Centers
Herbaria
Arboreta
Aquaria
Zoological Gardens
Planetaria
Wet specimens, preservation and display
Fossilized materials, preservation and display
Rocks and minerals, preservation and display
Bone, antler, horn, preservation and display
Ivory and teeth, preservation and display
Plant materials, preservation and display
Fur and hair, preservation and display
Feathers, preservation and display
Taxidermy, preservation and display
Gems and jewelry, preservation and display
Hazardous collections, preservation and display
Endangered Species Act
Cultural Resources Management (CRM)
Repatriation, International
Restitution
Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act (NAGPRA)
Human remains, legal and ethical issues
Lending museum collections
Transportation of museum collections
Packing of museum collections
Insurance for museum collections
Storage for museum collections
Climate Control / HVAC systems
Low-oxygen atmospheres
Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
Fire Prevention
Fire Suppression
Disaster Preparedness
Museum Facilities Management
Hazardous Materials in Museums
Collections Access Procedures
Anthropology of Museums
Native Americans and Museums
Museum Archives
Museum Libraries
Library-Museum partnerships
Databases, inventory
Preventive Conservation
Sustainable practices in museums
Green Museums
Conservation Assessment Program [CAP]
Lighting in Museums, principles and logistics
Track lighting
Fiber-optic lighting
Ultraviolet radiation, sources and precautions
Infrared radiation, sources and precautions
UV blocking methods
Case lighting
Sustainability in exhibition design
Digital Imaging, Development and applications
Digital Images, security and copyright
Digital Assets Management
Digital Rights Management
Digital Mapping
Digital Archiving

Please contact me off-list, thank you for your time!

Prof. Linda Ellis
Senior Curator, University Museum, SFSU
Founding Director [1987-2011], Museum Studies Program
San Francisco State University
Member: New York Academy of Sciences