[Nhcoll-l] How to renew or confirm collection CITES registration?

Doug Yanega dyanega at ucr.edu
Fri Feb 28 19:28:15 EST 2014

Hi, all. Just today we were contacted by someone who wanted to send us a
shipment, but could not find our institution's CITES registration (it
used to be at
http://www.cites.org/eng/cms/index.php/component/cp/country/US/cites-registers
but it isn't displaying there now). Maybe I'm just not navigating
correctly, but I will be darned if I can find a contact link or e-mail
for anyone at CITES who would be able to tell me why our registration no
longer appears (it admittedly may have expired) or how to renew it if it
*has* expired. Does anyone here know who it is I should be communicating
with in order to get this resolved?

Thanks in advance,