[Nhcoll-l] New species with long shelf lives

Christopher Kemp cjkemp at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 18:36:35 EST 2015

Please post this request to the listserv:

Hi All, I'm currently working on a book project about newly-described
species with long shelf lives -- i.e. species that were collected and then
stored in a collection for decades, or even a century or longer, before the
specimen was found and described. It'll be a large-format book with lots of
images and narratives of the discoveries. Should be a good way to remind
people of the importance of natural history collections and
biorepositories. But I need as many examples as possible so that I can
choose interesting species from across as many orders as possible. So
please let me know. It can be a mouse or an exotic tick; a snake, or a
weevil, or a bird. Everything is equally valuable! Please email me with the
slimmest lead at cjkemp at gmail.com

Best,

--ck

--
"I am getting so far out, one day I won't come back at all."

-- William S. Burroughs