[Nhcoll-l] Acid-Free Tissue Recommendations

Gregory Schneider ges at umich.edu
Sun Sep 27 12:14:22 EDT 2015

probably spun polyester batting or tissue - gaylord has it

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.gaylord.com_c_Wrapping-2DLining-2Dand-2DSupport-2DMaterials&d=AwIBaQ&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=CLFZJ3fvGSmDp7xK1dNZfh6uGV_h-8NVlo3fXNoRNzI&m=Feyma_fP3iPB5YYlqlF6PKZ0pD12QHHM0cQ_ikhI8a8&s=6wv166lXqNtjrb8nmaYGlO5nRidGw1O5oPfz0Vi2l9c&e=

On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 11:58 AM, Cody Thompson <cwthomp at umich.edu> wrote:

> Hello all:
>
> The UMMZ Mammal Division is beginning our packing process for our
> relocation.  Does anyone have any recommendations for acid-free tissue that
> could be used to pack skulls and skeletons in vials?  We typically would
> use toilet tissue for packing loans, but we would prefer to leave the
> tissue in the vial until the specimens are accessed again for research,
> loans, etc.  We are not planning to wrap the specimens individually as we
> would for loans; rather, we plan to use the tissue to stabilize the
> material in the vial for transport.  Therefore, we need a product that has
> the flexibility of toilet tissue and could potentially be in the vial for
> years.  Anyhow, I would appreciate any suggestions!
>
> Thank you,
> Cody
>
> Cody W. Thompson, PhD
> Mammal Collections Manager
> & Assistant Research Scientist
> University of Michigan
> Museum of Zoology
> 1109 Geddes Avenue
> Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109
> Office: (734) 615-2810
> Fax: (734) 763-4080
> Email: cwthomp at umich.edu
> Website: codythompson51.wordpress.com
>
> "Conservation is a state of harmony between men and land."
> -Aldo Leopold

> society. See https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.spnhc.org&d=AwIBaQ&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=CLFZJ3fvGSmDp7xK1dNZfh6uGV_h-8NVlo3fXNoRNzI&m=Feyma_fP3iPB5YYlqlF6PKZ0pD12QHHM0cQ_ikhI8a8&s=Who0_kwizOkRd2D6UduTwEwvKlzoIqNUJRi7HQiSG_U&e=  for membership information.

Greg Schneider
Division of Reptiles and Amphibians
Museum of Zoology
University of Michigan
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-1079
734 647 1927     734 763 4080 (FAX)

734 763 0740 (Biodiversity Research Center at Varsity Drive)
ges at umich.edu

[image: Description: Description: logocolor]

www.ummz.lsa.umich.edu/rep_amph/index.html