[Nhcoll-l] SPNHC meeting attendees - Notice about Tegel Airport, IMPORTANT

Callomon,Paul prc44 at drexel.edu
Fri Jun 24 03:50:43 EDT 2016

Folks,
If you are at SPNHC in Berlin and leaving through Tegel Airport:
- The buses are crammed right now (9 am Friday). I got on the bus at Hauptbahnhof (tram M5 or M8 from the hotel; M5 is faster) and just got in. Many people could not get on. At Beusselstrasse, where the train from the hotel transfers to the bus, no-one could get on, and there must have been 100 people waiting on the sidewalk. It may be fine when you travel, but be aware that this is a temporary airport with no hard (rail) link, so you might encounter long delays. There are also currently long lines at the check-in desks. Best to leave extra time, I would say.
Please pass this information on to other conference attendees.

PC

Paul Callomon
Collection Manager, Malacology, Invertebrate Paleontology and General Invertebrates