[Nhcoll-l] sealing petri dishes for storage

Dee Stubbs-Lee Dee.Stubbs-Lee at nbm-mnb.ca
Mon Jun 27 10:08:35 EDT 2016

Can anyone recommend a good method for sealing plastic petri dishes containing mold cultures for long term collections storage for our botany department's herbarium? Ideally, the method we are looking for would be secure but reversible, in case we need to directly access the samples in future. Some ideas we have considered include using strips of Parafilm or white plumbers' "tape" around the edges of the petri dishes.

Thanks,
Dee

Dee Stubbs-Lee, CAPC, MA
Conservator / Restauratrice