[Nhcoll-l] Acidity in alcohol

Simon Moore couteaufin at btinternet.com
Tue Oct 18 10:52:01 EDT 2016

Dirk’s solution (in both senses!) is probably the easiest option.
Purified waters have their own acidity levels ‘built-in’ by the purification process, especially glass distilled waters (down to 4!)  pH levels are fine at 6 and OK-ish down to 5 but below that and decalcification and other denaturing processes are initiated.

With all good wishes, Simon.

Simon Moore MIScT, RSci, FLS, ACR
Conservator of Natural Sciences and Cutlery Historian,
www.natural-history-conservation.com