[Nhcoll-l] rhino horn removal

Catarina Teixeira cteixeira at museus.ulisboa.pt
Mon Sep 5 16:47:31 EDT 2016

??Dear colleagues,
We are planning the display of a black rhino that has been in storage for some years.
We are concerned with security and therefore considering replacing the horn by a replica.
Several museums have done that as far as I know. Could you be so kind to direct me to some relevant literature -- broader ethic issues, conservation procedures and intervention documentation?
Thank you.
Best wishes,
----
Catarina Teixeira
Conservator
cteixeira at museus.ulisboa.pt
Museu Nacional de História Natural e da Ciência (MUHNAC)
Universidade de Lisboa
Rua da Escola Politécnica, 56/58, 1250-102, Lisboa
Telf. +351 - 210443544