[Nhcoll-l] rhino horn removal

Marta C. Lourenço mclourenco at museus.ulisboa.pt
Fri Sep 2 13:25:30 EDT 2016

Dear colleagues,

We are planning the display of a rhino that has been in storage for some
years.

We are concerned and considering replacing the horn by a replica.

Several museums have done that as far as I know. Could you direct me to
some relevant literature -- broader ethic issues, conservation procedure
and documentation?

Thank you.

Best wishes,

Marta C. Lourenco

//

--

-----------------
Marta C. Lourenço

Subdiretora
Presidente ICOM-UMAC

Museu Nacional de História Natural e da Ciência (MUHNAC)
Universidade de Lisboa
Rua da Escola Politécnica, 56
1250-102 Lisboa
Tel. +351-964037535

UMAC - International Committee of ICOM for University Museums and Collections
PRISC - Portuguese Research Infrastructure of Scientific Collections