[Nhcoll-l] BCoN Requests Community Input

Julie Palakovich Carr jpalakovichcarr at aibs.org
Wed Nov 1 10:52:17 EDT 2017

The natural history collections community is invited to provide input on a
draft report about community progress toward the goals and objectives
outlined in the Strategic and Implementation Plans for NIBA. The report is
the outcome of a two-day stakeholder workshop held in Washington, DC in
January 2017 by the the Biodiversity Collections Network (BCoN).

Since the community’s Strategic Plan for a Network Integrated
Biocollections Alliance (NIBA) was first published, significant progress
has been made toward the goals it articulated. However, as with any effort
of significance, it is wise to periodically assess progress.

Although the participants in the workshop and the BCoN Advisory Committee
have endeavored to capture an accurate assessment of progress toward NIBA,
we have almost certainly missed some significant developments. Thus, we
invite you to review this document and share your thoughts and suggestions
with us. We also ask that your share this request with colleagues.

We invite comments on the draft document by Friday, November 24, 2017. All
comments or questions should be submitted electronically to
PublicPolicy at aibs.org.

Read the draft report at
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__bcon.aibs.org_wp-2Dcontent_uploads_2017_10_BCON-5FNIBA-5FProgress-5FReport-5FDraft-5FOct2017.pdf&d=DwIFaQ&c=cjytLXgP8ixuoHflwc-poQ&r=LpYc_Z_iN1KRw0hheb3x6-8MJUMu482qfHowpGYJqwc&m=CZ-_3W8e874s7AAcwRSaz2LJkmGeCN5dKs_10A8dWdo&s=c3TQCHym_la9ArJNlpzJI1q9w4VPVVNyGyfQbLLzXvc&e=

--
Julie Palakovich Carr
Public Policy Manager

--
This message is confidential and should only be read by its intended
recipients.