[Nhcoll-l] fatty dolphin

Simon Moore couteaufin at btinternet.com
Wed Nov 8 10:24:27 EST 2017

Hi Sergio,

This is interesting as I have seen mounted dolphin specimens, usually freshwater such as the Ganges dolphin, that have been suffering the same problem.  Is your specimen painted?  Any solvent action would require a repaint but this would be better than just leaving it.
I have not yet treated a specimen in this condition before so I will leave it there for the more experienced to reply.

With all good wishes, Simon.

Simon Moore MIScT, RSci, FLS, ACR
Conservator of Natural Sciences and Cutlery Historian,
www.natural-history-conservation.com