[Nhcoll-l] fatty dolphin

Steve Halford halford at sfu.ca
Wed Nov 8 16:58:32 EST 2017

Hi Sergio,

This looks similar to "grease burn" seen in fatty bird skins.  An
ornithology conservator may have some suggestions.  (My own experiences
with grease burned specimens -- soaking and scrubbing with solvents --
were mostly unsatisfactory.)

Steve.

Steve Halford (halford at sfu.ca)
Museum Technician (Retired)