[Nhcoll-l] Collection Policies

Tonya.Haff at csiro.au Tonya.Haff at csiro.au
Sun Oct 21 17:53:22 EDT 2018

Hi all,

I wonder if any of you who currently work in a collection where you actively collect vertebrates have a museum collection policy document that you adhere to, and if so, if you'd be willing to share? We don't currently have one at the ANWC, but are at the beginning stages of creating a document that outlines our 10-20 year plan for research and collecting directions and specific policies and terms we have for collecting (numbers, euthanizing methods, etc). I've never written anything quite like this before, and would love to see what other museums have come up with before I start.

Thanks!

Tonya

Dr Tonya Haff
Collections Manager
Australian National Wildlife Collection
National Research Collections Australia, CSIRO
Canberra, Australia
Phone: (+61) 02 62421566