[Nhcoll-l] Temporary shutdown of DAO and DAOM herbaria

Asencio, Shannon (AAFC/AAC) shannon.asencio at canada.ca
Thu Sep 27 09:18:50 EDT 2018

Dear colleagues,

Please be advised that the operations of Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada's National Collection of Vascular Plants (DAO) and Canadian National Mycological Herbarium (DAOM) will be impacted by a large-scale renovation project over the coming months. DAO and DAOM will be unable to fulfill loan and data requests during this time, and visits to the collections will not be possible. We will gladly accept the return of our material that has been sent out on loan.

DAO staff will attempt to fulfill requests pertaining to The National Vascular Plants Identification Service, but lack of access to the collections may impede our ability to serve clients.

We anticipate that operations will return to normal in April 2019. We thank you for your patience as we make these important investments in our herbarium collections.

Best regards,

Shannon Asencio

Collections Manager
National Collection of Vascular Plants (DAO)
Canadian National Mycological Herbarium (DAOM)
Science and Technology Branch
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada / Government of Canada
shannon.asencio at canada.ca<mailto:shannon.asencio at canada.ca> / 613-715-5314

Gestionnaire des collections
Collection nationale de plantes vasculaires (DAO)
Herbier national de mycologie du Canada (DAOM)
Direction générale des sciences et de la technologie
Agriculture et Agroalimentaire Canada / Gouvernement du Canada
shannon.asencio at canada.ca<mailto:shannon.asencio at canada.ca> / 613-715-5314